Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tribute to Michael Part #1

I've been back and forth about whether or not i should get a Michael Jackson tribute tattoo

But the other day, while listening to his album in my car, i found myself in tears....for the hundreth time since his death. And somehow that helped me make up my mind about it....cos frankly i don't think i've cried over anyone...be it relatives who have died, friends who have passed on, dead pets, ex-boyfriends etc etc....for this long!

I mean sure you feel the pang of loss and everything but to still sob one year on is quite alien to me. This man has without a doubt touched me in such a profound way...of course i would have preferred it literally la :p

For the uniniated, Michael, the first true love of my life, passed away on my birthday. A cruel cruel irony i know. And this friday marks his 1 year anniversary so i've decided to get him immortalized on me forever on that day itself.


I have spent the last one year trying to decide on what exactly to get cos of course i didn't want to get what everyone or anyone else had. An internet search revealed some pretty interesting and some scary tribute tattoos

I had actually initially decided on getting his legs in his signature 'point' pose cos i noticed no one had done it before and if anything, Michael was the one who started me (and about a million other people) on my deep love for dancing. And when i did my search last year no one had gotten it done yet.



But when i googled it again this year i found that quite a few people had gotten it done, so that sent me back to the drawing board....quite literally cos i figured i would actually have to design the tattoo myself. Which has proven to be very very challenging cos i am artistically challenged...i can't even bloody draw a stickman!!!


Design i had initially wanted to get

I did really want to get a potrait of him but i am very very sceptical when it comes to faces, cos one wrong 'stroke' and it could end up looking like Donald Duck with a facial tick! So i gave up on that.


But after several hours researching and going through all my Michael Jackson stuff i have finally settled on a design. It will still reflect his musical influence on me and will hopefully be one of a kind, and more importantly worthy of him



One of the best tribute tattoos i've seen!

I will be getting it done with Spec Ung, the dude who did my first tattoo 10 years ago in penang!! An appointment has been set and hopefully it will turn out fantastic! *Fingers crossed*



Miss you Michael!


Source : Google Images

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a real tattoo?? It looks like a picture. I doubt it is real

Good luck with your anyway

Kevin said...

Good luck with your tattoo...you've been talking bout it for a year now. Cant wait to see it

So your going all the way to penang to get it done?

Ninja said...

Anon : I dunno but it looks absolutely amazing and i wish i had the guts to get something that elaborate!

And thanks for the well wishes!

Kevin : No no...he used to be in penang but he's moved to Sg Wang :)