Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tribute To Michael Part #2

So here i am finally revealing my tribute tattoo to Michael Jackson, more than a year after getting it done!



As mentioned in my previous post, i didn't want to get a picture of his face cos i was afraid how the eyes and nose would turn out.




So i settled on a design which i think best captured the essence of the great man.



I wanted something that truly reflected how much Michael influenced me, especially my love for music. Which made me think of a music bar. And i decided to put it on my hip cos Michael is the one who got me so obsessed with dancing and the performing arts, and as every dancer worth her salt knows, dancing starts from the hips!



But i also wanted something more specific to remember Michael by, other than just putting his name there.


So Dazzie suggested i put the notes of one of his songs on the music bar. So which song did i decide on? Well Billie Jeans of course! His most iconic song with the most iconic video. I remember i was so obsessed with the video when it came out that i used to walk on these big slabs and pretend that they were lighting up one by one, just like in the video! I bet you guys did that too!!!! LOL


So i downloaded the music sheet and picked out the first few notes of the song....again the iconic beginning bass, which truth me told, still sends shivers down my spine to this day when i hear it.


Then i got my pal Neela to go through the notes just to make sure they were the correct ones, given her musical training. I mean i had to make sure i wasn't getting the notes for that Crazy Frog song etched on me! Eeek!


And then of course i put his name there. Now even this took a lot of thought...i didn't want to put MJ, King of Pop or Michael Jackson. So i simply put 'Michael' cos that was how i always referred to him.
Simply 'Michael'.


Now while i am so very happy with the end result, thanks to the amazing Nix, i feel i need to get another one to show how much i love this man cos this just doesn't feel enough! Believe it or not i still cry to this day when i hear his songs. It just really is too tragic and such a waste of talent. I mean not just his music and his performing skills, but that amazing amazing voice. Absolutely gorgeous and incomparable!




A big thank you to Prem, Neela and Jess for helping me out with the tattoo design and for coming along with me to get it done. And a special big thank you to Nix who made the experience so very memorable. I got it done on my birthday itself, which was the day he passed away and she played his songs the whole time. And we spent the hours reminiscing on our favourite Michael moments, songs and videos. It was just lovely!!!! Thanks a bunch girl!


With my tattoo artist Nix



Details :
Tattoo artist : Nix
Location : Tribal Bodyworks Tattoo & Piercing Studio, Lot F028, 1st floor, Sungai Wang Plaza, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
Operation hours : 12pm-9pm everyday
Contact : 0321443308
Email : tribalbodyworks@gmail.com


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice. i also cry when he died

Ninja said...

Thank you.....such a tragedy indeed

sarah said...

hey love the tattoo. i also get mine done with nix.

cheers

Ninja said...

She's amazing isn't she??? I love how she makes every tattoo session so fun!

Thanks for visiting

Kevin said...

Very nice!

Ninja said...

Thanks babe ;)))